Curly Crafty Mom: Autumn's first ER visit

Friday, November 27, 2009

Autumn's first ER visit

See this lovely cracked spoon from Target's dollar spot?


I will never forget the first time we took Nathan to the ER, and I doubt I will ever forget taking Autumn to the ER today.

Autumn had just woken from her nap, and I had her strapped in her high chair while I was getting the food ready. We are having such a hard time with getting Nathan to eat his meals lately at the table. He asked me for sea shells (cheese noodles), but then after I made it, he wouldn't even take a bite of it. Of course, I set his bowl aside and without me even seeing it, Autumn grabbed his spoon out of his bowl from off of the table. She was banging it on the tray to her booster chair, and next thing I knew, there was a piece missing out of Nathan's spoon. I freaked out and checked her mouth, then her tray, the floor... and I could not find the piece that had chipped off the spoon!

So, of course, I called the doctor, thinking they would tell me it would pass out of her system. Nope, not my luck, since it was a sharp piece and not rounded, they told me to take her to the ER. Also, sometimes the foreign objects can land up in their lungs, so they told me to take her in as a precaution. I wasn't even sure if she had swallowed it or not, but... off we all went to the ER.

Well, long story short, they did an x-ray, her lungs are fine, and they did not see anything in the x-ray. So, if she did indeed swallow it, it will be passing in 3-4 days... As the doctor put it, if you can swallow it, then it can find its way back out. Lovely... Well, its bright purple, I am sure it'll be easy to spot. She said they have seen kids swallow everything- from glass, tacks, nails to even small light bulbs. Yes, just lovely... Now I feel super paranoid, ugh! :(

Join Swagbucks to earn Amazon giftcards!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...