I have been dragging my feet on posting this, but here we go…
(1) Grow in my faith – one way I am actively doing this is I bought The One Year Chronological NIV bible. You read 3-4 pages a day (its dated) and by the end of the year I will have read the entire bible. So far it is going really good. If this year goes well, I plan to buy the devotional The One Year bible which goes more in depth into the scripture.
(2) Friendships, new ones and see the old ones more. Its been really hard for me to get out and make new friends, especially with the custody arrangement this last year and during my marriage J was never home or willing to watch the kids for me. Once the new custody arrangement is set, I will be able to get out a little more and I would like to join a running group, book club, I’m just not sure yet.
(3) Last year was a brave one for me, and I would like to continue this year in not being afraid to take risks. Sure, my life turned completely upside down, but at least I did not settle for something less than I deserved.
(4) Quality time with my kids: really listening to them even if I am busy, taking time to get down on the floor to play with them or snuggling with them a few extra minutes at bed time if they ask.
(5) Time to myself each week that isn’t BUSY time. Recharge time.
(6) Pursuing my interests:
(a) I am taking the Superhero Photography class that starts on MONDAY! (No, I don’t plan to start a photo biz or anything, just want to learn how to take better pictures and use my camera better.)
(b) Training for a half marathon – the Go! one in April, and the Wine and Dine one at Disney in November
(c) Reading – finish the Sookie Books. I’m on book 4, of I think 11! I actually did more reading in 2010 than I have done since I had kids. I average about one book a month, which is good for me.
(7) Meals – I will admit I do not cook a dinner from scratch every night but I like to cook. I am going to aim to try one new recipe and one old recipe every week at the least.
(8) Mornings. I hate mornings. Try to be better about getting up on time.
(9) Finish my accumulating to-do list (its another blog!). It started at 100 items this last summer, and I have it down to I believe 59 items. This list has every little pesky thing on it that pops into my head that I need to do around the house, or whatever. It gets the pesky little thought out of my head and on a list where I can worry about it when I get to it. I aim to do 10 items off of the list a month. Seems to be going fairly well.
(10) Make this the year of Rebirth.