This weekend, Brian baked our weekly cookie… Red Velvet Crinkle cookies! What a perfect cookie, with its deep red color for the holidays! We sent a dozen to school this morning as they are collecting to give out to vendors that have helped us this year. Then, some will be put in the freezer until next week’s Cubscout Christmas party… the rest we will enjoy! These remind me a lot of the gooey butter cookies, I hate to admit it but I gobbled about three of these down after Brian took them out of the oven. YUM!
Next weekend I will be making creamy mints. A little break from the cookies!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
1 stick of butter
1 brick of cream cheese (8 oz)
1 egg, 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1 box of Red Velvet Cake mix
powdered sugar for rolling and sprinkling
1. Soften the butter and cream cheese, add to mixer. Add the egg. Add the vanilla. Add the Red Velvet cake mix.
2. Cover and stick in the fridge for 3 hours. We put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
3. Hand roll into small balls (ping ball size), Brian used our tablespoon cookie dispenser. They do not need to be perfectly round.
4. Roll each ball in powdered sugar.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6. They will look a little gooey inbetween the cracks, this is normal.
7. Cool on a wire wrack, once they have cooled, sprinkle with more powdered sugar.