If you haven't been on Goodreads.com, it is a great site where you can keep track of all of the books you have read and want to read. What is even better is you can see what books your friends are reading and how they have rated them. I have gotten a lot of great ideas from my friends on what to read in 2012! I spent the early part of the year reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels... and, I am STILL not done! I think she has two books out that I need to read still, and then #13 should be her last book. I finished #10 and decided to take a break and I am still not sure if I'll ever read the last 3. I am a little burned out on them and they were not getting any better!
Since I held myself to finishing 2 books a month or 24 for the entire year, I stayed away from 'bigger' books that I have been wanting to read... so, I am going to read however many books I read in 2013 (not keeping track). But, I would love to read the 2nd book to Pillars of the Earth (World Without End) and also A Game of Thrones.
Later in the year I started reading the books I REALLY wanted to read, not the books I felt I should read... an example of this is when I finished Chop, Chop, The Uglies and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... I felt I should read the rest of the books in the series, but didn't. I may go back and read some of them, but I probably will not. Some other books I felt I needed to read were ones in my closet I hadn't read but I still had held on to them- such as the Kristin Hannah books I received from a House Party and some given to me as gifts.
I also read the Daily Bible this year and it took A LOT of time even though it was 3-4 pages a day. There were times where I would get 1 or 2 weeks behind due to illnesses in our household or vacations... but, I finished it three days early!
I joined a bloggy book club on Back to the Roots and that is how I came about reading The Book Thief, my favorite 2012 book. The book club is starting its second book in January which will be Terra... cannot wait to read more books I normally wouldn't select.
So here are the books I read last year with a Goodreads rating of 1-5 (5 being highest).
1. Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #4) (3 Stars)
2. Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #5) (3 Stars)
3. The Help (5 Stars)
4. Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #6) (3 Stars)
5. Divergent (5 Stars)
6. All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #7) (4 Stars)
7. Heaven is for Real (5 Stars)
8. From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #8) (4 Stars)
9. Insurgent (4 Stars)
10. Jacob's Story (4 Stars)
11. Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #9) (5 Stars)
12. London Escape (4 Stars)
13. Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse Novels #10) (2 Stars)
14. Joint Custody with a Jerk: Raising a Child with an Uncooperative Ex: A Hands-On, Practical Guide to Communicating with a Difficult Ex-Spouse (5 Stars)
15. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (4 Stars)
16. Little Bee (4 Stars)
17. Gone Girl (4 Stars)
18. Chop, Chop (3 Stars)
19. The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate (5 Stars)
20. Winter Garden (4 Stars)
21. True Colors (3 Stars)
22. The Uglies (4 Stars)
23. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (4 Stars)
24. The Life of Pi (5 Stars)
25. The Book Thief (5 Stars)
26. Daily Bible (NIV) (5 Stars)