I spent hours this week organizing my Pinterest recipes folder and as a result I pulled out this yummy Cookie Dough Topped Baby Brownies recipe. I had ALL of my recipes in a folder called Recipes, but decided to make a Finger Foods, Beef, Chicken, Desserts, etc. folders so that I could find recipes easier. I am planning to try out a bunch of these recipes, so I am glad I dug through them and deleted the ones I knew I would never really try. I brought these cookie brownies in today, because one of my favorite coworkers has her last day today. :,,,( The recipe is at the BOTTOM of this post, in case you want to try them... they are DELISH.
This weekend I signed up for TWO 5k's-- the Color Run and the Tulip Trot at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Saturday is the Color Run and as soon as we finish that we are heading directly to my son's first t-ball game for the season (can't miss that!). Unfortunately, I prrrobably won't be able to change before heading there, so we may look a little...
Annnd, here are the kids Spring School photos. Nathan is definitely not giving his true smile, but Autumn's photo turned out just adorable. It really is hit and miss with school photos, but at least with the Spring photos you don't PURCHASE them before you even see them like the Fall photos! Buuut, since I already bought the Fall photos and we have dance and t-ball photos coming up, I am going to pass on these Spring photos. (That is why I didn't really dress them up for them, but I like to go all out for the Fall photos.)
Hope you have a good weekend, besides 5k's and t-ball games I plan to finish a craft project I am really proud of and to get in my first kettlebell work out. Hobby Lobby has also finished framing our family name that Brian's Mom knitted, so we will pick that up. OH, and we are going to the Melting Pot on Saturday night! YUM! Don't forget to check out the Cookie Brownie recipe below... :d
Cookie Dough Topped Brownies
(2 dozen brownie bites)Ingredients for the Brownies:
Box mix of brownies, prepared as directed or your favorite homemade recipe, prepared
Ingredients for the Cookie Dough Frosting:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Generously spray brownie bite pan or mini muffin pan with baking spray.
3. Fill pan 2/3 with brownie batter. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Allow brownies to cool before removing from pan. You may need to wedge out gently using a knife.
5. For frosting: Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed. Next, add vanilla and beat until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour and salt until becomes dough-like. Add the milk and beat until light and fluffy. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Frost cooled cupcakes.