Happy Friday! I've decided to link up for the Friday Five again this week with Darci, April, Christina and Natasha, with a bunch of random stuff!
1. Day off work with my love! - Tomorrow Brian and I are taking a day off of work just to hang out! I have been looking forward to it all week. We are planning on dropping the kids off at school together and then we'll head over to Rooster, which is a French cafe. We plan to devour some breakfast and dessert crepes. I love me some crepes. Then, we plan to head over to Augusta, MO to visit one of the newer wineries, Chandler Hill Vineyards. I hope to do a little wine sipping, lunch and some photos with my nice camera. I need to figure out a nice 'Fall' outfit to wear for the day... Anyway, it should be a nice and relaxing day!
2. Oktoberfest 5K - I only run in the Spring and the Fall, I do not do Summer races... the humidity and heat makes me sick. I always have fun planning my Fall races and I am running in the Oktoberfest 5K this Sunday in St. Charles. The race will be through Frontier Park, historic Frenchtown and parts of the Katy Trail. I have always wanted to run on the Katy Trail, so this will be lots of fun! I will also get a free beer after the run, which seems to be the trend after many races these days! I am realllllly hoping to PR at this race, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I would be happy to finish in 28.59 minutes or less! ha!
3. Donut Hairstyle - I bought a donut at H&M and I've been wearing it in my hair quite a bit when I feel like showering and not drying my hair... it is a fun and different look for me. When they told me how to use it at the store I was like, huh? But, thankfully I found this super easy tutorial here. I had the donut on the sink the other day and Autumn was like... "Mom, what IS that?!" I guess it does seem weird to put a donut in your hair, but now I promised her I'd put it in her hair sometime soon. I am sure it'll be cute!
4. Upcoming projects - I have been working on a lot of projects lately, which I hope to start showing on the blog next week. But, this week I made the most delicious Apple Pie with Salted Caramel Sauce with leftover apples from Autumn's trip to the orchard. This is truly one of the best pies I've ever tasted. Yum!
Here is a list of everything I am finishing up (it is a lot!):
1. Decorate Master Bathroom PB cabinet w/ baskets - plan to shop at Home Goods this weekend for this!
2. Monogrammed Canvas (another Master Bathroom project)
3. Halloween Treat Buckets (Made out of Ice Cream Pails!)
4. Ombre Fall Door Mat
5. Fall Porch Decor
6. Hand print Turkey Shirts for Kids (sewing project!)
7. Ornaments for our Halloween tree
8. Pumpkin Chili and Pumpkin Honey Corn Bread
5. Stitch Fix - And, to make the weekend even more exciting... my FIRST Stitch Fix box is arriving! Can't wait to share with you all what is inside it... hope Brian doesn't mind photographing me while I try everything on. I am hoping my box includes some Fall wardrobe essentials!
Have a good weekend!