Wednesday, May 7, 2014
5 Little Confessions - May
We've all seen the posts going around blogland and social media about being honest and keeping things real. bloggers often get accused of posting only the parts of our lives we want to show off. We know we all have those less than bloggable moments in life. As readers, we all love reading those posts, but as writers we sometimes avoid spilling the dirt. In the spirit of keeping things real, we bring you 5 little confessions. Did you go 5 days without washing your hair? Did your clean laundry sit on your floor until it was time to wash again? Did you spend all weekend keeping up with the kardashians? Did you eat cake for breakfast? Dig up a few of your secrets and link up below.
This week I will be sharing 5 Little Confessions about nail polish and feet! Aubrey has done themes for each month and I thought this would be fun to try out this week.
1. We would love for you to follow us!
2. Link up 5 Little Confessions
Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom
Follow Carrie: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Aubrey from Dreaming About Someday
Follow Aubrey: Bloglovin' • Twitter • Instagram
Jacq from Justjacq
Follow Jacq: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Kimberly from Olive the Things
Follow Kimberly: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
5 Little Confessions from Carrie:
1. I love nail polish, but I tend to only wear a color 2-3 times before I get tired of it and buy another bottle. If I really like the color, I may wear it at least 10-12 times. But, as a result I have WAY too much nail polish... thankfully, Autumn helps with this, because when she wants me to paint her nails I have to paint each of her 10 nails a different color. Sometimes even each of her 10 nails and 10 toes 20 different colors. It is an exhausting process, but sometimes I do get excited to use up all of my nail colors.
2. I keep my Essie nail polish in a coveted secret space, in the medicine cabinet in my bathroom on the top shelf. The other less popular (to me) brands go in a basket in our linen closet and my daughter has her paws all over them. It makes me feel better to have my favorite polishes in a place where my daughter can't reach them. They are MINE, ALL MINE DANGIT. It's not like I ask her if I can borrow her princess nail polish when she went to the Bippity Boppity Boutique salon at Disney! Although, I still only use these colors 2-3 times... so, I may need to find a bigger space in time once my Essie collection grows. SIGH.
3. I almost always do a french manicure on my toes. But, sheer pastel colors are in this Spring and I want to try some of those on my toes. I think it just gives me another excuse to buy more nail polish.
4. Running toe nails are not as beautiful as toe nails of those that do not run. I don't think I told Brian or my Mom this, because it was just so, so gross... and, well... my Mom tends to lecture me a lot on running, which I would prefer not to hear it. ha! But, I lost a toe nail after I ran the Disney Half in November 2012. I was a novice half marathon runner and had Nike running shoes. The shoes were great until I started running long distance... I bought the Nike's shoes at Dicks and then thought I could purchase new inlays for them at a Running Store and would be ok. Nope, I learned the hard way and lost a poor little toe nail in Orlando, FL after my race! Boo! I bought Brooks for my next half marathon and I have never had any other issues! Thank goodness! I highly recommend Brooks for running shoes even thought they can be a bit pricey. After the race, I googled the whole 'toe nail loss and half marathon' thing and WOW... this is something that happens to quite a lot of runners! So gross! Makes me wonder why I run! ha! Just kidding! I promise my toe nails look beautiful now though... :)
5. I think I was gifted with some cute toes/feet. I know that sounds weird, but I get compliments on my feet a lot. Which is weird, right? But, people will tell me I have the perfect little toes! I remember the first time someone complimented me, it was in high school... but, I've gotten several compliments sense then. Is it bad that I hope Autumn gets my cute toe/feet genes? Their Dad has finger-looking toes and well... I think they'd much prefer mine. It is a little hard to tell now, because 5 and 8 year old feet are always cute... :) But, hopefully they get their Momma's feet genes... well, Nathan's can look a little more manly, but you get what I mean, right? Lol! Which reminds me... I had a friend once that went to her OB and she told her she had the most beautiful cervix ever.... or was it her uterus. Ugh. I can't remember. But, wow, ummm. I think I'll take beautiful toes over a beautiful cervix/uterus. Don'tcha just hate when the ob/gyn tries to make small talk? Sigh.
Please link up, I would love to hear your confessions!
a Rafflecopter giveaway