We've all seen the posts going around blogland and social media about being honest and keeping things real. bloggers often get accused of posting only the parts of our lives we want to show off. We know we all have those less than bloggable moments in life. As readers, we all love reading those posts, but as writers we sometimes avoid spilling the dirt. In the spirit of keeping things real, we bring you 5 little confessions. Did you go 5 days without washing your hair? Did your clean laundry sit on your floor until it was time to wash again? Did you spend all weekend keeping up with the kardashians? Did you eat cake for breakfast? Dig up a few of your secrets and link up below.
This week I will be sharing 5 Little Confessions without a theme... I know, GASP. I am just feeling really random this week, so a random confession post is what you get!
1. We would love for you to follow us!
2. Link up 5 Little Confessions
Carrie from Curly Crafty Mom
Follow Carrie: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Aubrey from Dreaming About Someday
Follow Aubrey: Bloglovin' • Twitter • Instagram
Jacq from Justjacq
Follow Jacq: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
Kimberly from Olive the Things
Follow Kimberly: Bloglovin' • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram
5 Little Confessions from Carrie:
1. I'm embarrassed to tell non-blogger people that I blog! So, I usually don't... yet, I love talking to other bloggers about my blog! I feel they 'get it' and I could talk to them for hours about my future plans for the blog, future posts, other bloggers, etc. I do have a lot of non-bloggers that follow my blog, but I usually shy away from sharing it with colleagues (well, when I worked), friends that I am not super close with, neighbors, friends at school/church, etc. I feel that my blog shows a lot of the inner me and sometimes I feel a little funny having people read that stuff about my life when I can't read about theirs in return. Does that make any sense??? I have shared my blog on my FB page in the past, so it isn't a TOTAL secret... but, this is rare and I usually regret posting it on my personal FB page and delete the post an hour or two later.
Also, my Instagram account is mainly for my blog, I have maybe only a handful of close friends that aren't blog friends that follow my feed. I like being able to post photos on IG without my child's teacher seeing it, or an old boss (friends that I have on FB!), etc. However, I do post pics on my FB from IG, so sometimes they do find my IG account... and, that is ok I guess... :)
2. I stopped working last February and I have been a stay at home mom with the kids since then. The last five months have been really great and I have really enjoyed this summer. I am one that loves a routine, yet since I've stopped working my routine has changed twice! When the kids were in school still, Autumn was in half day school and then when summer started I had both kids all day!
Now, my schedule will be changing a third time, because BOTH kids will be in school full time! I have had a lot of people ask me if I am looking forward to the kids going back to school, so that I can work on more DIY projects at home, launching the Etsy business I've had in my mind, etc. and I would have to say NO, I would rather school not start. I love the flexibility and laziness that summer offers! I loved that the activities that my kids were in this summer were pretty laid back and we didn't have homework, scouts, etc. I love all of the memories that were made this summer. But, it seems every summer gets shorter and shorter and they will be back in school in 2 weeks! I will miss my afternoons when I'd hang out with Autumn and when I'd watch her little friend twice a week. But, life is constantly changing, isn't it? I am excited to see what the future holds for all of us this school year.
3. I have had a total cherry limeade crush going for me this summer. My confession is that as an addict, I know every restaurant that offers Cherry Limeades and I will share that with you now:
- Sonic (the BEST)
- 54th Street Grill (second best, and offers 1 free refill)
- Buffalo Wild Wings (not all that great, would probably prefer a beer)
- ... and, I know not every state has a Quik Trip (QT), but I have heard they offer Cherry Limeade by fountain! Mmm! Unfortunately the one by me does not... but, in North County St. Louis, they have them!
I am not sure why I developed such a crush on Cherry Limeades this summer, but I dids. I was even going to try a copy cat Sonic recipe that I found on Pinterest so that I could start making them at home (non-alcoholic and alcoholic), but I thought that'd be too dangerous, so I didn't allow myself the luxury.
4. I do 95% of my runs on the
5. I feel SO behind on EVERYTHING! The kids have been home ALL summer in the house and as much as I'd like to say I had all kinds of time to organize, clean, etc... I haven't! It is impossible! A few years ago I made a list of 100 things I needed to do around the house, personally, etc... I made a separate private blog for it to keep track... and, I gave myself a YEAR to get all of them done. And, you know what? I did it! I feel I need to do that again, but maybe not by doing a huge massive list.
I think starting in September I am going to give myself a list of 6 goals for each month of the school year. I need SOME sort of plan to get organized again... because, the dog days of summer are almost over, right?! For one, I need to update my makeup... I know, it sounds easy, right? Well, I am really tired of the same ole makeup I've been wearing for ages, I'd love to try something new. But, that takes extra time and effort, right? Well, you betcha that may be one of the items on my list for September... and, hopefully the Master Bathroom will get finished in August and I won't even need to add it to my September list. :)
Do you have any confessions? Leave them in the comments below! Also, we'd love for you to link up and confess with us!
Please link up, I would love to hear your confessions!