Can you believe we are carting the kids off to school again already? I am going to miss my little half days with Autumn, she was my little buddy. Sniff. I don't even want to think about it yet... :( I always like to go over our Summer Bucket list to see what we got done and what we may try to do next summer or in the fall.
What we finished is underlined... We did 7 of the 10 items on the Summer Bucket List for the Kids and 5 out of the 10 items on the Summer Bucket List for Me and Brian... not too shabby! I don't think I've EVER finished a bucket list, have you?
Summer Bucket List for the Kids
1. Take Nathan on 3 one-on-one dates and Autumn on 3 one-on-one dates
We only got ONE out of the 3 one-on-one dates accomplished this summer.
2. Learn how to Geocache, take a class at Shaw Nature Reserve
5. Visit Windcrest dairy farm
7. State Fair on my birthday! It is in Sedalia, MO this year, which is 3 hours (eek!) away... so, we will probably need to stay overnight for it.
After two vacations this summer, I was just not up for driving 3 hours to Sedalia, getting a hotel and driving back. We opted for a dinner and movie night at home on my birthday and it was perfect!
10. Cardinals baseball game with kids (5/31), this will be Autumn's first game
Summer Bucket List for Me and Brian
4. Soulard Market on a Saturday morning
6. Tour the new area of the art museum, perhaps a picnic or reading on blanket in front of Grand Basin if not too hot.
8. Go hiking on the Limestone trail with Brian at Mastodon Park
9. Go running at Fenton Park
10. Make a chalkboard wall in the kitchen AND FINISH decorating Master Bathroom
The Master Bathroom is getting close, but is still not done. Whew.
Are you ready for the meal plan for this week?
Menu Plan for Week of August 17, 2014:
Sunday - Tacos
Tacos just seem like a perfect Sunday dinner to me!! We usually have them every other week, but we skipped a few weeks... so, they are on the list this week!
Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tuesday - Easy, Three Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls, recipe HERE
I have been craving cinnamon rolls and why not have them for breakfast? I may add some fruit and sausage to the plate with these, since we are eating them for dinner. If you haven't checked out Tonya's blog, Love of Family and Home, you should just for the recipes alone!
Wednesday - Sweet and Tangy Meatball Sliders in the Crockpot, recipe HERE
Thursday - BLT's with ChipsAnother simple meal for the first week of school! Whew!
Friday - Skinny Zucchini Lasagna, recipe HERE
We didn't make this last week, SO... I am making it this week!
Saturday - Dinner Out
We are going to an italian restaurant on The Hill in St. Louis, because I have a free meal coupon for my birthday!
Linked up with:
Monday Mommy Blog Hop