So, here are my February Goals!
1. Religious – I have heard a lot of good things about the She Reads Truth App and I have been wanting to check it out. I downloaded it onto my phone and WOW, they have a lot of great study plans to choose from!
2. Health – I am really good about working out 5 days a week, but WOW. I eat terribly! I want to try to eat healthier this year, but I think in order to accomplish it I need to do it in baby steps.
3. Get It Done Already. – Get my Passport. This one needs no explaining, just needs to be done. I went to Paris a few years ago, but it has my old last name on it. Boohoo. I need a new one for our trip to Italy this summer!
How did I do on my January Goals?
1. Start planning our 2016 vacations. I made some great progress on this, but I still need to figure out all of the knitty gritty details. I found a travel agent for the trip to Italy that Brian and I want to take. I am working with her to figure out what we have time for since we only have a week set aside for travel time. I think we are going to base our trip in Rome and then do TWO day trips (10-11 hour days) to Venice and Florence. I’m really excited, but nervous to be SO far away from the kids!
We are planning a smaller vacation with the kids and one of my friends suggested the Big Cedar Resort near Branson and I took a look at it and fell in love with the place. My plan is to stay at the resort for most of the trip and then we’ll do Silver Dollar City (theme park) one day and some shows and site-seeing at Branson another day. It is 10 miles away from Branson and Silver Dollar City. The resort also has a lot of great activities and restaurants (with good food!) on site.
We also always take the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge every year (usually in the winter), but I think we are going to skip it this year so we can put the money towards the other two trips we have planned.
2. Figure out 2016 Races. I booked a half marathon for this Spring, which I am currently training for right now. I also want to do two 5K’s and a 10K this year, but I don’t know dates yet.
I’ve done some research on marathons and I am considering entering the Chicago Marathon lottery this Spring (the race is this fall) or doing the St. Louis Go! in 2017.
I know that Fleet Feet has a marathon training program for the St. Louis Go! and I will sign up for it and the 18 (eek!) weeks of training if I don’t get into the Chicago Marathon. If I get into the Chicago Marathon I will have a mini-freak out and I’m not sure if I’ll have to train on my own or if I’ll be able to find a local training team to help me. I am nearing 40 (will be 39 this August!), so how cool will it be to run and finish a marathon before I’m officially… over the hill. I think it’d be a great way to finish out my thirties.
3. Buy a New Pair of Shoes.
I wanted to buy a fun pair of shoes this month, BUT… sadly, my running shoes are almost THREE years old and getting rather thin. So, I thought it’d be wise to buy a new pair before I started training for my 9th half! Running shoes are NOT cheap… especially when you add special inserts inside them. She did say my old pair was in good shape given its age and the distance I run each week. I do most of my running on the treadmill, so that is probably why.
The pair I got is the Women’s Brooks Adrenaline GTS 16. It is good for long distance running and similar to my old pair. Whenever I go to the running store, I always want to pick out the cutest pair in a color I love… but, I just don’t have the luxury… I have to go for comfort and durability over style and color. When you train for two half marathons a year (and a full soon!), you need to take care of your feet! This is also why I will never, ever, EVER run in a pair of Nike shoes again… My feet love me for buying Brooks.
Are you doing monthly goals? What are they? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!