Thanksgiving is almost upon us as we enter into November and I thought I would share with you one way that I'll be celebrating 'Friendsgiving' this month. In the past my friends and I have celebrated the holiday in different ways such as a cookie exchange or gift exchange. As we've gotten older, we decided we just wanted to keep it simple. Our main reasons for getting together is to enjoy good food and each other's company. This year we plan to try something new, which will be a Friendsgiving Scarf Exchange Party! Everyone will bring a scarf to exchange with someone else. Of course, I plan to add a few extra goodies to the gift bag besides just the scarf... such as a couple packages of Tim Tams, a nail polish and a small candle.
Tim Tams come in three flavors: original chocolate crème, caramel and dark chocolate. It is so easy to add a package or two of Tim Tams to a gift bag for a special friend or they even make a great snack at a social gathering.
I decided to pick up all three flavors and it's hard to pick a favorite!
Original Chocolate Crème
Classic Dark Chocolate
So, are you wondering how this Friendsgiving Scarf Exchange Party works?
1. Set a date and pick a place. Do you want to have the party on the weekend? During the day or evening? Would it work out better at a restaurant or coffee house? Perhaps your own home would be more intimate?
2. Invite your friends. The more the merrier! I would try to stick to 5-15 friends, that way there is a variety of scarves to pick and rob!
3. If the party will be at your home, encourage your friends to bring a dish, appetizer, dessert, favorite drink, etc. A package of Tim Tam would make an easy treat to bring to any party!
Shopping for Your Scarf
Shopping for your scarf can be a lot of fun, almost as much fun as receiving one! I decided to throw in a few extra goodies in the bag along with the scarf. You don't have to do this, but it may make your scarf more popular at the party!
I went to Target and in the Cookies/Crackers aisle I found Tim Tam in three flavors: original chocolate crème, caramel and dark chocolate. I bought two packages for the gift exchange and one package for myself!
Don't miss out on these Target Cartwheel Offers on Tim Tam during these select dates:
After shopping, I set all of my items on the table. I started with the gift bag and stuffed the bottom of it with tissue paper.
I then rolled up the blanket scarf that I had selected.
I noticed the blanket scarf had a tag on it that tells you different ways to wear the scarf, I would love to wear this beautiful scarf as a wrap! How fun!
I also added a small fall scented candle and a bottle of nail polish in a fall hue. I wrapped both of these up individually with tissue paper and stuffed them in the gift bag.
Then I added the two packages of Tim Tam.
I hope the person that receives this gift enjoys it! I almost secretly hope I win it myself. ;) Who wouldn't want to try these amazing biscuits?
How the Scarf Exchange Works
1. Have each person draw a number. Starting at 1, let each person pick a scarf.
2. Go in numerical order and each person has a chance to either pick a scarf or steal one. (The person that draws 1 can have a chance to steal at the very end.)
3. If your scarf is stolen, you can either steal or open a new scarf.
Do you have any special Friendsgiving activities planned this month? Don't forget that Tim Tam makes an extra special treat for a friend or social gathering!