Melissa from My little World: choo-choo’s, cars & lipgloss nominated me with the Mom of the Year blog reward. If you haven’t viewed her blog, you should check out it out as she does so many fun activities with her son. Thanks, Melissa, I feel honored!
Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you’ve written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It’s over with, it’s in the past. Remember, you’re a good mom!
I feel guilty that I am away from both Nathan and Autumn for 9.5 hours each day while I am at work. The evenings are really hectic with dinner, breastfeeding my 5 mo. old, baths, making my lunch for the next day, cleaning and their early bed times. This does not leave much time for playing but I do try to do a lot of fun activities with my son such as the Parents as Teacher’s night time kid activities, a couple of Mom’s Club parties we go to each year, the library has kid activities on the weekends and I take him to a Saint Louis monthly garden club. He loves it and it gets him around other kids more! Autumn gets a lot of time nursing on Mommy and she is excusively breastfed as I pump 3x a day at work and I am planning on making all of her baby food from scratch as she starts solids soon. I still miss my kids during the day but my mom watches them and its so neat that Nathan (and Autumn as she grows older) have such a strong relationship with their Grandma!
Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love how innocent my son is and how everything in this world is still new and exciting to him
2. I love how Autumn’s face lights up when I walk in the door and she cries for her Mommy
3. I love that Nathan will sit on my lap and still cuddle with me if I read him a book
4. I love Autumn’s little hum/cry she does right before she falls asleep in my arms
5. I love how Nathan talks about things we’ve done together in the past and how much fun he had
6. I love how Autumn relaxes so easily with just the touch of a blanket around her body
7. I love seeing Nathan give Autumn goodnight kisses
Send this to five other Mom’s of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you’ve selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
This was a really difficult list to make because so many of my bloggy friends are awesome mommies!
Kelley at Chloe’s World