My daughter and I both have curly hair in a time when flat irons and sleek straight hair is popular. On really humid days, I will see my daughter come out of the bathroom with her hair all wet. I’ll ask her why it is wet and she’ll tell me she was wetting down all the curly ‘puffs’ of hair. She asks me why does her hair do this sometimes and why doesn’t this happen to other girls in her class. She is in Kindergarten and has already asked me if I can flat iron her hair like I do mine sometimes. Flat irons weren’t even invented yet when I was in Kindergarten and everyone just embraced their hair when I was her age. Curly hair definitely has a mind of its own!
I was excited to share the Love Your Curls book with my daughter, which is a darling little book with poems about curly hair. These poems are inspired by real women, that have curly hair woes themselves! When my daughter and I read these poems together, we laughed and could relate to these poems! My daughter told me that maybe curly hair isn’t so bad, maybe I want to stand out. And, deep down I am sort of excited that my daughter inherited my curls.
Here are some curly hair facts:
- Women and girls with curly hair tend to feel less confident.
- Only 4 in 10 little girls with curly hair think their hair is beautiful.
- Only 10% of women in the U.S. with curly hair feel proud of their hair.
Dove wants all women and girls to love their curls. That is why they launched the Love Your Curls campaign, to help encourage women to CELEBRATE their curls and to inspire future generations to do the same.
Girls are more likely to feel beautiful and proud of their hair if people around them do.
Dove sent me a box of their Dove Quench products to try on my hair and my daughters hair. Did you know that one in three women in the U.S. have curly hair? NEW Dove Hair Quench Absolute products provides 4X more defined, natural curls. The three part system nourishes hair. The formulas, infused with protein, nutrients and Buriti Oil, provide a nourished, smooth finish.
Here are the products we tried:
Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Shampoo
- Gently cleanses curly hair, leaving it feeling soft and smooth
- Nourishing formula leaves hair strengthened from the core
Dove Quench Absolute Ultra Nourishing Conditioner
- Absorbs effortlessly into the hair
- Increases manageability of curls for a smooth finish
- Naturally curly hair is revived and strengthened from the core
Dove Quench Absolute Intensive Restoration Mask
- A rich, creamy formula
- Envelopes each curl to deliver intense nourishment for ultimate smoothness and hydration
Dove Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum
- Dove’s first curl leave-in nourishing treatment
- A fast absorbing, lightweight and creamy serum
- Contains high levels of glycerine to penetrate and nourish hair
- Can be used on wet or dry hair
You can download the Love Your Curls e-book and create a custom dedication by going HERE.
To find the Dove Quench products, go HERE.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.