Thank you Brawny® Tear-A-Square® for sponsoring this post. Think of all the ways you can Put a Square There!
Do you love a delicious, soft, and crumbly dessert, but hate the mess? Today I’m sharing a recipe for my family’s favorite Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars, which are ooey-gooey goodness, but a little messy when you’re feasting on them! They are perfect to wrap up in new Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels that have quarter sheet sizes, so you can use just what you need without the waste. This is perfect for snacking at a park, or in your own backyard while enjoying the nice weather and a good book.
Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels give you the strength of Brawny® with the flexibility to only use what you need with three different sheet size options (full, half, and quarter). This makes my life as a mom so convenient when I’m quickly dishing out snacks to my family or guests and I don’t want to have extra waste.
The full sheet is perfect for complete clean up, the half sheet is perfect as lap napkins or wiping up little spills, and I use the quarter size sheets for setting little desserts on, such as these Blueberry Lemon Crumb bars!
Look at how easy it is to tear a quarter-sized square off!
Now let me share with you how to make these easy Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars:
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated White Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Stick Butter, Chilled and Cut into Small Pieces
- 2 Teaspoons Grated Lemon Zest
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 5 Tablespoons butter, at Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch glass pan with nonstick spray.
- Prepare the crust: In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a separate bowl, beat the egg and vanilla together; stir into the crumb mixture until a dough forms. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. (Keep the oven on)
- Sprinkle blueberries over the crust. In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over the blueberries.
- Prepare the topping: In a medium bowl, use a spatula to cream together the 5 tablespoons butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the flour, so that the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Sprinkle over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned. Cool and then dust with confectioners sugar before cutting into bars.
See how perfect the Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels are for crumbly summer desserts, such as these Blueberry Lemon Crumb Bars? Just keep a roll on hand and you’re set when it is time to serve dessert.
My family enjoys summer desserts, but as a mom I enjoy spending as little time as I need to on set up and clean up. Thanks to Brawny® Tear-A-Square® paper towels, I can spend more time enjoying my family outdoors and less time cleaning up.