This post was sponsored by Blue Diamond® as part of an Influencer Activation and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Almonds are such a great snack for a low carb day or for an easy snack throughout the week. I love that they’re packed full of protein and healthy fats. Today I’m sharing a recipe for chewy and soft dark chocolate almond coconut cookies made with Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds. These cookies are a healthier snack option to bring along for errand running, or to enjoy at home on a busy evening.
Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds are available at your local Walmart in a variety of packaging options. While at Walmart, I picked up the 6 oz. can, 14 oz. bag and 100-calorie on the go packs. It’s wonderful that there are so many options available, which are great for baking, snacking or for a quick on the go snack you can pull out of your bag. I enjoy picking Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds up at Walmart while I’m there buying other items, or I’ll use their Online Grocery Pick Up service.
Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Cookies Recipe
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup unsalted almond butter
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup Blue Diamond Whole Almonds, chopped
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, almond butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Using a spoon, blend the ingredients together until well combined.
- Fold in the shredded coconut, chopped almonds and dark chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto a baking sheet.
- Using a spatula, flatten the cookies and shape into round discs. (These cookies do not spread while baking).
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Optional: Melt some of the dark chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over tops of cookies.
I enjoy baking these cookies for myself and my family, because they are made with Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds, which are an excellent source of vitamin E and magnesium. Eating this delicious superfood offers myriad health benefits every day!
Whole Natural Almonds are Blue Diamond’s finest almonds, packed with vitamins and minerals, this healthy snack is the best way to enjoy the flavor of almonds. I enjoy them in a variety of ways, such as baking these healthier dark chocolate almond coconut cookies, enjoying a handful when I need something to tie me over until dinner or I can keep the Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds 100-calorie on the go packs in my bag for when I may need something easy and convenient to hold me over when I’m out and about.