Hey everyone! Well, we are welcoming another New Year and I know a lot of us are hoping this year will be better than the last two years. I feel that I’ve let a lot slip since Covid and I am ready to get back to a more productive year in a lot of categories in my life. I know there is a saying that says there is never a better time than now and I truly feel that I’ve been waiting for that time to be when Covid is over. Well, we all know it’s impossible to predict anything these days… so, I’m picking myself off the floor and I’m going to try to make this a GREAT year regardless of the circumstances we’re in. I’m sure there will be challenges, but I’m tired of the excuses I’ve been giving myself and I’m excited to plow through them!
I’ve broken my goals into several categories: Personal, Blog, Organizing and Decorating. There is a lot listed here and I KNOW I’m not going to check these all off. But, if I can get 1-2 checked off in each category, I’ll be VERY happy! Sometimes it helps to just write them down… even if I don’t completely check something off, I may get a small portion of it done.
Break my addiction of chapstick (I’ve already started to work on this and I’ve been chapstick free for a FULL week!) Gratitude Journal/General Journaling and Start a Bible Study
- Read while I eat lunch (I ALWAYS work through lunch. I’m going to start reading on my Kindle during lunch instead, so I can relax.) (FAIL!)
- Ebooks/podcasts again (Listen to while driving when the kids aren’t in the car/listen to while I put away laundry) (FAIL!)
Grocery Delivery (I’ve been majorly burned out on going grocery shopping lately. I really want to try a delivery service.)Done! BUT, it is so costly, I am trying to only use it when I’m in a bind! Air Fryer (I have a small air fryer I got with a blog collaboration and I’d like to start using it. I’ve only used it once!)
- Refresh blog design (FAIL!)
Email Newsletter List (Already started sending out my blog posts to this email list this week!) Do some Reels/More Videos(Check out my new TikTok account!)
- Learn Something— SEO & Tailwind/Pinterest/Pinterest Ads (SEO is something I DON’T love, but it is needed. I want to learn more about Pinterest, since it is my best performing social channel.) FAIL!
Give Up – Giving Up Link Parties and Some Ongoing Collabs that don’t bring me joy anymore. In 2022 I decided to give up my Thursday Fashion Files link up party and I don’t plan to link up at parties anymore. I WILL still stop by and comment, though. I am thinking about doing a blog post on why I’m giving this up.
- A new monthly Health post, because I am passionate about health/fitness! (Did a few posts, then stopped. So, mostly a FAIL!)
Clean out all of the kitchen cabinets, fridges/freezer and linen closet Work on cleaning up unfinished basementJust a few odds and ends to finish. Clean out Garage
- Finish Master Bedroom and share a blog post on it (I’m ALMOST done with this!) ALMOST done. Need to get new carpet for it in Spring/Summer of 2023.
Order new couches for family room Teen room update for NathanMOSTLY done. Need to get curtains and some wall art still.
- And… what I’m really excited about this year! When Brian worked from home during the pandemic, he took over my desk area. He’s back in the office, but sometimes still uses that space for video calls AND we all know how unpredictable the future is these days. So, I have an area in our finished basement space where I’d like to create a new farmhouse style (of course!) Craft/Office Space for me. I am hoping to have a blog post up sometime this year with my ideas for this creative space! DONE! Just need to decorate it.
Well, that is it! Like I said… this is A LOT of stuff, but the goal is to just put it all out there and then I’ll get done what I get done. I hope you are having a great start to 2022 and I’d love to hear a goal you are excited about this year!