I can’t believe it is the middle of June already! The school year really flew by and I can’t believe I have two teens now. Summers are a lot different with teens than they are when they’re younger. Gone are the days of coordinating their outfits and fun little outings that I plan… now it is all about their friends, athletic clothes galore and mom is not as cool to hang with anymore! But, I’m adjusting to being a teen mom and there is a lot to love about it. I get to see them mature and make more choices on their own, they’re making strong friendships with great people and I’m starting to see glimpses of the adult they’ll be someday!
I always do a Summer Bucket List for the teens, one for just me and one for my husband and I. It is just more fun that way and it encourages us to do a lot of family activities and it also encourages Brian and I to have lots of date nights, etc. It also encourages me to get a couple things done during the summer. I don’t always cross everything off the list, but that’s ok!
1. Start mornings a little slower. After I get my workout done, I’d love to sit outside and spend some time doing my bible study, which is The Bible Recap. This way I have a little peace and quiet and some outside time before the busy day starts. I may do a post about The Bible Recap once I finish it! It is a year long bible study and it is SO good!
2. One BIG goal I’d like to accomplish this summer is cleaning out our unfinished basement area. It has gotten so cluttered and I need to clean, organize, donate and put up some shelves to organize our holiday stuff more. I plan to work on it one day a week and break it up into 6-8 sections. Almost done!
3. I’d love to explore a couple of parks nearby:
Summer Bucket List for the Teens
1. Trip to San Diego as a family and a day trip to Disneyland.
2. Go back to The Muny (an outdoor theater here in St. Louis) and see a show! Their outdoor buffet before the show is a lot of fun. We took the teens here before Covid and they really enjoyed it!
3. Check out
2. Visit Narwhal’s Crafted for the first time. They do really fun frozen cocktails, but don’t serve food. You can get their sister store to deliver Loaded Nachos to your table, so that you have some food with your drinks.