I have decided to skip my Monday list this week, and to write a Summer To Do list, like a lot of the others have been doing on their blogs. I love this idea!
But, before my summer list… I wanted to say that I did indeed finish Hunger Games last night, and it was such a GOOD read! I could NOT put it down… at all. I am going to start Catching Fire (the 2nd book of the triology) this week.
Here is my summer list, breaking it apart into two categories, one with kids and one for me. :o)-
Me and the Kids
1. STL Zoo, ride the train and Children’s Zoo (and whatever else)
2. Explore parks… Watson Trails (MY favorite park), Whitecliff (been there, but have never taken the kids there) and the
water play area at Tower Grove park 3. Sandy Creek Covered Bridge 4. Miniature Golf, first time for both kids. Tower Tee even has a steam engine (which Nathan will LOVE)! 5. Bowling once a month with our kidsbowlfree passes. We went in May, June, July (with Jill and Ems). Missed August. 6. Try making different flavors of homemade ice cream, and possibly homemade popsicles (Made Ice cream in a bag and pudding pops) 7. Planted sunflower seeds, and moved the two hardiest to the garden. Going to see if Nathan’s or if Autumn’s flower grows taller. Next year we may try pumpkin seeds for fun. 8. Library Reading Program 9. Swim classes 10. Neighborhood walks in the evening after dinner
1. Running: I would like to run at least once on
Grant’s Trail, along Creve Coeur Lake and at Jefferson Barracks park.
2. Do a wine dinner at Montelle winery
3. Finish a 5K – Fleet Feet Rock N Roll – July 24th
4. Redo my bedroom
5. Go hiking at Elephant Rocks
6. Outdoor concert
7. Go to the Muny for my birthday
8. Soulard Market
9. Go to nursery and select plants for my backyard so I can finish the landscaping
10. Wander around the Art Museum and then have a picnic lunch/read a book outside by the Grand Basin