I saw a couple of other fellow bloggers with a January wrap up post, and I thought… hey, why not.
1. Took kids to see The Muppets on New Year’s Day
2. I became divorced, after a year long custody battle.
3. I refinanced my house, into my sole name with a 3.87% rate. We are talking $120 a month I am saving on my new mortgage payment.
4. I started 1/2 marathon training on Jan. 22 (after a small break) and signed up for the Go! Half Marathon race. I ran a total of 36.51 miles in January.
5. I started the Superhero Photo class, my first photography class since college. And, my only digital photography class.
6. Nathan started full day Kindergarten.
7. I finally got caught up on all of my doctor appointments.
8. I kept with my resolution of reading my Daily Bible every day. I also finished two of the Sookie books, Dead to the World and Dead as a Doornail.
9. My blood pressure has been high the last year and I bought a monitor (it will arrive in another day) and I am going to monitor my sodium intake on Spark People. I am not sure if its the stress from the last year, but the doctor wants me to start monitoring it at home. 🙁 I really don’t understand why its elevated, as I exercise, I’m a decent weight, I don’t really have the family history… and I try to eat fairly decent. So, we will see. Maybe white coat syndrome? Who knows.
And, my resolutions. I mentioned some of them above… but, here is how I am doing on them:
(1) Grow in my faith – I’ve never read the entire bible all the way through, so I went out and bought The One Year Chronological bible. I am doing really well with this, its about 3-4 pages a day and I am actually a couple of days ahead. Aside from Job which got a little long, I have really enjoyed my daily readings so far.
(2) Friendships – Hard to work on this until the Judge rules on the final parenting plan. But, I did invite some friends I have known forever over for an appetizer party this Saturday at my house, and I am going to go to the Art Museum for a photo exhibit with a couple of coworkers and plan to do a maternity shoot by the Jewel box of one of them afterwards (this won’t be until late March or early April). I really hope to join a running group though, eventually.
(3) Risks – can’t think of any, but thats ok.
(4) Quality time with my kids – Trying to listen to them, even if I am busy. Take more time to play in the evenings before bed. I probably have more ideas on this in February. But, next month I really want to start getting back to reading them a book or two before bed time. I am not sure why we stopped this, but I know they miss it.
I also have planned a couple of things in the evening at the library we can do together instead of going home after I get off work each day. Tomorrow we are going to the February is Pancake month at the library, they have a snack, games and crafts in the evening. Also, the Valentine’s Party on the Saturday before Valentine’s Day and a Lego Day come March.
Jeremi and I also discussed doing one on one time with each child, one time a month… just waiting on final parenting plan.
(5) Time to myself each week that isn’t BUSY time. Recharge time. – FAIL. I have tried to schedule a nice relaxing bath after the kids have been in bed several times in January. Each time resulted in a FAIL. Puking kid, oh, the best one. Last night the KNOB cracked and fell off in my hand when I went to turn on the tub. No bath! Maybe tonight? I did go to the Missouri Botanical Gardens a couple of weekends ago and shot photos which I felt was relaxing and fun.
(6) Pursuing my interests: I will give myself a PAT on the back for these:
Superhero Photography class, Training for a half marathon, Reading
(7) Meals – I have done ok with this… my goal is to prepare one new and one old recipe each week. I have tried making homemade wheat bread, a Black Forest Cherry cake, and PW’s French Toast puffs. Going to try some Pinterest recipes next. I am having fun with what I have made so I can’t complain too much.
(8) Mornings. I hate mornings. Try to be better about getting up on time. – FAIL. This I REALLY need to work on. And the KEY to it is getting up at the time I set my alarm for! Not sure why this is so hard.
(9) Finish my accumulating to-do list (its another blog!). – FAIL. Haven’t done much with this… and it is eating at me 🙁