Well, I had planned to post this at the beginning of April, but here it is almost May and I am posting my progress on my 2013 goals. I would say I am doing ok, but definitely not making the progress I need to on some of these. Hopefully I can step it up and knock some of these out! My comments on my goals are in italics, the ones I have finished I have crossed out.
1. Running Goals:
Go! Half Marathon this April and the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in October.
– Run a 10K and a couple 5K’s. I have 3 5K’s scheduled and TWO are this weekend- The Color Run and the Missouri Botanical Gardens Tulip Trot.
– 2:20 or below Half Marathon PR. Almost with 21:43 at Go! Half.
– 27 or below 5K PR. Hoping to get there by my 5K in May at the Zoo.
2. Other Work Out Goals:
– Weights DVD 1-2x a week. I have gotten 2 workouts in for 7 out of the 16 weeks of this year. That is pretty mediocre, I need to step it up.
– Look into a kettle bell DVD. Brian got me a kettlebell DVD AND kettlebells and I plan to check out the DVD box set (4 different workouts!) this weekend. Plan to blog about my kettlebell experience. 🙂
– Check out the Pilates gym (Keep saying I will, haven’t yet!). This is going to be a summer goal, there is WAYYY too much going on in May with Nathan’s birthday, end of school, etc. I know… excuses, excuses!
3. Religious Goals:
– Pray more. Pray more with kids. I need to work on this… I really need to start a prayer journal. I am also going to buy Jesus Calling for my Kindle for sort of a daily devotional. I’ve heard wonderful things about this book from several people.
– Take a bible study class at our church. Haven’t yet.
4. Make blog books:
– 2012 (Work on January-March) I had three months done then accidently saved over the second and third month that I had finished, arghhhh!! So, after that I haven’t felt motivated to start again. I need to and it won’t take me long if I can just get going on it again.
– 2011 (Work on April-June)
– 2010 (Work on July-September)
– 2009 (Work on October-December)
5. Figure out how I would like to continue my blog. I want to continue to blog about my family, exercise and travel, but right now I am also really into crafting/DIY, organization and a hint of fashion. I plan to have A LOT more of that on my blog in the future, so stayed tuned! I also want to work on the design of my blog, I am capable of doing a lot of this on my own (design and web background), but due to time restrictions I may hire a blog designer to revamp it. We’ll see. I think I am going to stay on blogger for now, but I am considering moving to WordPress in the future. Right now I am just using a blogger template and I haven’t had a chance to give my blog the look and feel I really want it to have.
6. Career Growth. No progress.
7. Get into a TV show (I miss TV!!), keep up with my magazines instead of tossing them after they’ve been unread for 5 months.
Watched Downton Abbey. I need to find another show to get hooked on, any suggestions? I did just finish A Game of Thrones, but we don’t have HBO.
8. Goals for the Home:
– Revamp Family Room. I have some WONDERFUL ideas for the family room and I need to stop Pinning and get working on it!
Paint Master Bathroom (MLK weekend?) Now I need to finish the decor! I have a post on what I want the decor to look like in the Master Bathroom. Brian and I did go to Lowes the other day to look at lighting and I need to order that cabinet off of Pottery Barn.
– Finish up Master Bedroom decor. NO progress. 🙁
– Clean/organize finished part of basement. NO progress. I am thinking about making a list of ONE small item per week to complete to get the basement cleaned and organized.
– Clean/organize unfinished part of basement. No progress.
– Plan Disney trip with kids for this summer. Booked the trip with our travel agent, Stacey Burns. I have or agenda finished, packing list and some special outfits for the kids ordered. I need to finish wrapping the Mickey Mail and figure out some little snacks to bring with us into the park.
– Take kids camping at YMCA Trout Lodge. I think Brian and I picked a weekend for this and will be booking it VERY soon.
– Chicago to meet Wine Girls in Fall? No date/plans yet.
– Trip with the Hubster in late summer. I am adding this one in… Brian and I are sort of discussing a kids free trip this August. Not sure where, but everywhere from Vancouver to NYC has been discussed. LOL.
13. Mondo in January Finished this class, here is a post about my thoughts on the 2nd Mondo Beyondo Class. (Its a class about dreaming/facing your dreams.)
15. Change my primary DR to one that is at Mercy. Nope! Too busy taking the kids to the doctor!
17. Fashion/clothes. I would like to pretty myself up a little more this year. I wear the same jewelry every day and I have never been to Sephora. It would be nice to treat myself a little more. 🙂 No trip to Sephora yet, but I have updated my wardrobe some and gotten some new jewelry that works with a lot of outfits.
18. Do a 30×30 Challenge (30 items out of my closet for 30 days). I am intrigued by this… I think it would be fun because it would take me out of my comfort zone. SO excited to participate in a 30×30: Spring Edition this May with Mrs in Training and everyone else that links up. Honestly, I am a little scared to do this and afraid I will fail… but, I need to remember it is all for fun and to learn to make better use out of my wardrobe, so wish me luck!