So, here are my May Goals!
1. Organization – Organize and Clean ALL the Closets!! I like to clean out all of the closets in our house at least two times a year. I also like to clean out the linen closet, kitchen pantry and refrigerator- which I already did in April. The kids closets aren’t TOO bad (for once), but I have a TON of clothes and I need to weed out some and send them to thredUP and make room for the new clothes I purchased at the outlet this Spring. Brian has a lot of clutter in his closet from leading cub scouts, camping, etc. and I want to go through that and put some of it downstairs with the rest of the camping stuff, etc. I’ll also go through his clothes, he has too many crammed in the closet as well and I know there are a lot of shirts he doesn’t wear anymore… especially since his work has gone ultra-casual in the last year. Cleaning closets is my BIG Spring cleaning project, after I clean them out I feel better!
2. Home – Plant Flowers and Decorate Porch and Patio. I always like to plant my flowers the weekend after Mother’s Day. I have all of our porch decor out, but I would like to put some flowers in pots on the porch and maybe buy a few new decor items.
We ordered new patio furniture and a pergola and I already purchased pillows at Target to decorate our furniture with. I want to get some lights and other decor items though, to make the area homey. Our previous patio furniture is AWFUL and over 10 years old. Not sure why we waited so long to get new! We do have a fairly new patio that was poured and stamped a few years ago and I can’t wait to see how it looks with the nice furniture! I also ordered a rug from Lowes and it’ll look really nice on our patio!
3. Self – Order Spring Cover (and maybe some other goodies) for Erin Condren Planner and Be More Creative with It!
Currently I use my Erin Condren Planner JUST for blogging (see my current planner in photo above) and I use Google Calendar for my real life stuff (appointments, kids stuff, etc.). I like it this way, but I feel I don’t get as creative with my Erin Condren Planner as I’d like… for one, I write everything in pencil, because my blogging editorial calendar is NUTS. Things are always moving around for this or that… so, I don’t see that changing, but I’d like to get a Spring cover and maybe some other items (like stickers, or sticky notes) to make it a little more fun and not so tedious! And, well… I just love paper items! 🙂
How did I do on my April Goals?
1. For the Home – Shop for Patio Furniture.
Done! The patio furniture was delivered today from Lowes! I’m hoping Brian can set it all up this weekend! 🙂
2. Health – Run Outside Once a Week
This is why I love these monthly goals… I have accomplished SO much for myself… I am running outside once a week again, it is so much more fun than treadmill running. I do love my treadmill, because I can read while on it and get my work out done quicker… But, I have been running on a trail 2 miles from my house and I was worried to run on it early in the morning, but it turns out it has a lot of other mom’s running on it and older people (with dogs)… and, I feel comfortable and safe. There is just something about running outside versus inside!
3. Blog – Make an Unboxing Video
Are you doing monthly goals? What are they? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!