Sorry it has been such a quiet week around here… Its been busy… Last weekend was hectic in that I hardly had a chance to sit my rump down, I’m in my hardest week of half training (I have to complete 4 runs this week, a 10.2, 5, 6 and 10 mile run… whew!), Nathan had an extra amount of homework and projects this week, work has been hectic and stressful (which has left me drained in the evening) and I have a lot of DIY projects I have started and need to finish so I can share with you all. I even wore a super cute outfit on Monday, which I got a lot of compliments on… but, I was too tired to drag Brian outside to photograph me. PLUS, Brian was sick. Oh, and I rarely get pimples, but this week they’ve all decided to make their home on my face. :O Anyhow, I am hoping to have more to share next week!
Today I thought I’d share with you Five Fall Wardrobes Items I Am Loving. I have been doing a lot of Fall shopping lately and I will also be getting my first Stitch Fix box next week. Unfortunately, the weather here in St. Louis has been very summer-like… so, my Fall stuff is just winking at me in my closet.
1. Jacket Vest. I have been wanting a jacket vest and it’ll be so nice to wear in the Fall during Nathan’s early morning cross country meets, at the pumpkin patch or just when I want to chill outside and toast some marshmallows with the kids. I fell in love with this inexpensive raspberry colored jacket vest on ON and I love how they paired it with a navy and white striped shirt. I think a purpley jacket vest like this or one in a darker purple like an eggplant color would be nice to have this Fall. Army green would be another popular color choice for the Fall wardrobe. I really wish they had a quilted vest in this raspberry color, but they did have one in army green that was quilted. I am really loving anything quilted, too!
2. Polka Dots. I am seeing polka dots everywhere this Fall! I recently read Stephanie Nielson’s book Heaven Is Here: An Incredible Story of Hope, Triumph, and Everyday Joy and I started following her blog immediately after. I saw her wearing a pair of polka dot skinny jeans in one of her posts and I knew I had to have a pair. I found this skinny pair of polka dot jeans on ON. The funny thing is that all of the reviewers said to buy 2 sizes up or they won’t fit. Why aren’t these skinny jeans called fat jeans? I hope they fit when they arrive!
3. Jewels. A little bling makes everything better. I am loving these embellished shirts from ON and I would love to wear it with a chambray shirt underneath with the collar and sleeves sticking out. I purchased this gray shirt, but I almost got the black shirt since black and white will be popular this Fall, too!
4. Gold. I have been addicted to anything gold when it comes to home decor, jewelry and even shoes. I have been seeing a lot of gold tipped shoes lately and when I saw this suede pair on ON, I knew it would be fun to mix these shoes with a lot of outfits this Fall. There were a lot of fun colors available, but I really wanted the gold tip, so I went with the black color. I love the gray and plum color as well!
5. Ankle Bootie. I really loved ankle boots last Fall and I heard they will be in again this Fall. I would really love to find a pair as I haven’t yet… I sort of like this pair pictured above, but I think I would like it better if it wasn’t suede.
Other items I love for this fall?
Colored jeans (especially teal or emerald!)
Navy and greens
Anything that is monogrammed, especially boot socks or scarves
That’s it! Tell me your MUST have Fall wardrobe items! I’d love to hear them!
Have a good weekend!