March has REALLY felt like a long month… Not sure why, maybe because things are slowly starting to get back to normal around here?
1. I signed Nathan up for 1st grade in the Fall
2. I signed Autumn up for PRESCHOOL for three half days! She has seemed SO grown up lately!
3. Autumn isn’t as interested in her little potty, and is using the big potty without ANY extra “helper” seat.
4. Read Divergent (LOVED!) and All Together Dead (Sookie #7)
5. Almost 2 weeks away from my FIRST half-marathon. Ran 69.05 miles this month, which is the most I have ran in one month this year (February I ran 57 miles, and in January I ran 36.51 miles).
6. Misc. Kid stuff: Nathan was busy with a lot of Spirit Week activities at school, took the kids to the MoBot Orchid show, had our first scavenger hunt (Leprechaun style!), celebrated Spring Break with LIVE Bunny Photos/Build a Bear/Zoo, did the kids yearly interviews, dyed eggs
7. Nathan started T-Ball for the second year in the row
8. I saw HUNGER GAMES and participated in my first ever Adult Easter Egg Hunt at Jefferson Barracks Park
9. Planning a trip to Trout Lodge YMCA with the kids, and Paris, France (can we say Mondo?) later this summer!
And, my resolutions:
(1) Grow in my faith – Still reading my Once a Day Bible, I will admit sometimes I will fall 3-4 days behind, but it is not hard to get caught up. In May I will meet Joey, who is a confirmation student at my church that I signed up to pray for daily, and have been for almost 2 years. I haven’t been as good about reading the bible to the kids this month, but we are doing a 12 Days Before Christmas activity (will have a blog post on this) where we read a bible verse and open an egg each day leading up to Easter.
(2) Friendships – No friends activities in March. Except, in April I am getting together with two old friends to do painted pottery, and a few of us at work are talking about doing a movie/dinner night every couple of months.
(3) Risks – March has been a pretty mellow month, but I would say I have been out of my comfort zone a few times this month and handled it better then I would have in the past. I know planning this trip to France is definitely out of my comfort zone. I hate to fly, but I know it’ll be worth it. I’m also so afraid to be away from the kids, and how many miles will be inbetween us.
(4) Quality time with my kids – March has been a good month for this, maybe because of the Spring weather/longer daylight. I took a couple of days off with the kids for Nathan’s Spring Break and we had a wonderful time. Trying to let them have A LOT of outside time.
(5) Time to myself each week that isn’t BUSY time. Recharge time. – I need to still work on this…
(6) Pursuing my interests: I will give myself a PAT on the back for these:
Training for a half marathon, reading, planning a trip to Paris, France — can’t wait to see the Louvre!
(7) Meals – FAIL! Hope to be better in April. I really need to start a meal plan schedule. I know that would help A LOT.
(8) Mornings. I hate mornings. Try to be better about getting up on time. – FAIL. FAIL. FAIL!
(9) Finish my accumulating to-do list (its another blog!). – This month I didn’t get a lot done off of that list except I did go through ALL of the kids clothes and I took out what they had outgrown and replenished it with bigger sizes. In April I really hope to finish organizing the kids closets, my closet AND I hope to clean the siding on the front of the house.