1. Nathan finally started getting himself undressed and dressed in the morning, at night, and for baths. He is probably the LAST 5 year old to do this, but… finally, we got there by doing a sticker chart. Autumn’s sticker chart is for her to use the big potty, not the little potty, by herself. She is doing A LOT better with it, she uses the big potty for #1 and #2 I would say 60% of the time. I hope to take away the little potty in the next couple of months altogether.
2. I read Heaven is for Real (VERY inspirational, recommend this book for any Christian!) and From Dead to Worse (Sookie #8 – this has been one of my favorite Sookie books, especially her breakup with Quin and why, sort of hit home with me on some levels)
3. Finally finished watching Trueblood Season #2 reruns, this is the HBO show based off the Sookie Stackhouse books.
4. I have to say, my BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT ALL MONTH! I ran in and completed a half marathon, under my goal time (by seconds). I finish the St. Louis Go! Half Marathon in 2 hours and 29 minutes and 9 seconds. Yes, I ran 13.1 miles! I am a crazy girl 🙂
5. I signed up for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon, it is in November. Also, signed up for the St. Louis Make Tracks at the Zoo which is a 5K in May. My PR goal for the 5K is to run it in under 31 minutes. Both Nathan and Autumn will be running in a small 1/4 mile race after my race – Nathan is super excited!
6. Wow, a lot of running stuff on here, eh? One more. In April I ran 47.3 miles, that includes a week and a half I took off (because I was SO worn out from training for the half) at the end of this month. (March I ran 69.05 miles, February I ran 57 miles, and in January I ran 36.51 miles).
7. I have to mention this, because, it makes me happy. I haven’t been in court for 4 entire months now. However, a reconsideration motion has been filed, but has been lingering for a month. I might be in court this month, if someone pulls me back there. 🙁
8. Starting to plan Nathan’s 6th birthday party – Star Wars themed, of course!
9. Celebrated Easter, did the 12 Days Till Easter egg activity, kids did the church egg hunt
10. Went to Opening Day at Busch Stadium for the Cardinals for the first time ever! (Won tickets at work!)
11. Did a couple of fun things with friends, Art Museum An Orchestrated Vision Photo Exhibit, Art Sundays and then Maternity pictures of Jill by the Grand Basin (can’t remember the last time I went to the art museum, but LOVED it!), and I went and painted pottery at Painted Zebra with Becky and Terri.
12. Ok, and just because he worked SO hard on them. Brian cleaned my family room couches. They are a light white/cream color and that microfiber material that SHOULD be easy to clean but isn’t. Oh, my GOODNESS! I have new couches again! Seriously, Brian gets major, major, major brownie points for this… I had thought my kids had destroyed them forever. Remember this? Really, I wish I had taken before and after photos. If Brian ever loses his fancy Architecture whatever he does job, he can go to work cleaning couches!
13. Nathan had another ER visit for his asthma, the inhaler was just not helping… Finally got an emergency steroid (oral) medicine to keep on hand, and a nebulizer! Then, Autumn was put on the nebulizer (first time ever) for four days due to her cold. This resulted in TWO nights of NO sleep for Momma! Plus, I got their cold! Not a fun week!
And, my resolutions:
(1) Grow in my faith – Still reading my Once a Day Bible, I am about five days behind, though. I hope to get caught up this week. Last week was just hard with everyone sick, and the two sleepless nights I had! I am really enjoying it, I have never read the entire bible so it really helps tie together a lot of pieces. And, I am already planning to read it again after this year so I can understand it even better.
(2) Friendships – Mentioned above, got together with friends a couple of times this month.
(3) Risks – April has been a pretty mellow month, but I was really scared I would not make it through the half marathon, and I would disappoint myself. But, I did it! It was definitely not easy.
(4) Quality time with my kids – I think April was a good month, the kids really enjoyed the 12 days till Easter activity we did. Also, took Nathan to a coin store and they enjoyed the time running and playing in the Grand Basin. Last week wasn’t so hot, though, since we were all SICK.
(5) Time to myself each week that isn’t BUSY time. Recharge time. I think I did OK on this, because I did finally get a BATH in! Two relaxing Lush baths actually!!! One problem I have is that I have a lot of things I need to get done around the house, and even if I do have time to myself, I want to be busy getting what needs to be done, done. Its really hard for me to just chill.
(6) Pursuing my interests: I will give myself a PAT on the back for these:
Finishing the half marathon, setting the 5K goal of under 31 minutes, planning trip to France, signing up for Disney Wine and Dine, keeping up with 2 books a month… I’d say I am doing pretty good!
(7) Meals – FAIL! I had started to work on this, a meal plan… but, then we all got SICK and work was crazy busy last month, too. I hope Beth’s advice for meals plans will help!
(8) Mornings. I hate mornings. Try to be better about getting up on time. – Um, FAIL. I am actually getting to work 10 minutes LATER now then I was before. UGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
(9) Finish my accumulating to-do list (its another blog!). – Doing OK on this, but its slow going. I did order curtains and a couple of end table lamps for my master bedroom FINALLY to match the bedding. I cleaned the cobwebs and siding on the front porch, and got a new Spring wreath from Homegoods. I am doing the HUGE Baby Mania sale this Saturday and hope to get rid of a lot of baby clothes and toys that are in my basement and the subdivision sale in June. Hope in May I can get my master bedroom closet cleaned out and organized!