1. In August I ran 13.5 miles. My year-to-date mileage is at 349.03 miles.
(July: 52.12, June: 41.25, May: 32.3, April: 47.3 miles, March: 69.05 miles, February: 57 miles, and in January: 36.51 miles)
2. I read two books this month: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Little Bee. I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo mostly on the flight from Paris to St. Louis, and Little Bee I read an entire weekend I was sick. I am not sure if I will read the next two books to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo… it took me awhile to really get into the book, and it also was pretty dark. Maybe in time I will, but for now I have other books I’d rather read. I would like to see the movie, though, as I always read the book before seeing the movie! Little Bee was probably THE BEST book I have read this year… loved the writing style, loved the story… even though, it was quite disturbing in some parts. The ending unfortuantly was so-so, maybe because it was so abrupt, even though it made perfect sense to me.
3. Went to PARIS. Paris was amazing, I want to go back. I finally finished up all of my Paris blog posts, hope you all enjoyed! It took me forever to go through all of my photos and decide which to share.
4. I got engaged in Paris, to my first boyfriend, my first kiss and to the perfect man for me. âme sœur
5. Started planning a Fall wedding! We booked our venue this month at Moulin Events.
6. Nathan started 1st grade, and the homework has been abundant.
7. Nathan started soccer.
8. Nathan joined Tiger scouts.
9. Nathan lost his first tooth at school.
10. Autumn started Preschool 3 and LOVES it.
11. I am training for 3 races… Warrior Dash (September), Go! Halloween 10K ((October(my third year!)) and the Disney Wine and Dine (November).
12. I turned 35.
And, how I am doing on my resolutions…
(1) Grow in my faith – Still reading my Once a Day Bible… but, since August was SO busy, I am several weeks behind. Trying to get caught up.
(2) Friendships – No outings with friends in August! We do have a lunch and shopping trip planned in September, though!
(3) Risks – Not being afraid to move my life forward, to not be afraid to commit again…
(4) Quality time with my kids – August has been a busy month. Yet, there has still been quality time built in. WeI took the kids to the Magic House after their first day of school, and we went to Union Station and enjoyed fresh fudge and the paddle boats. Lots of time for hugs.
(5) Time to myself each week that isn’t BUSY time. Recharge time. This was SO easy to do in the summer, because J and I rotated the kids every other week. Now that we are back on the school schedule, I have the kids almost all the time. I am responsible for Nathan to learn his homework and special school projects, all doctor visits, etc. Its A LOT. I feel after this first month, though, we are transitioning back into a comfortable routine. I hope to have some ME time, soon.
(6) Pursuing my interests: Going to Paris was a BIG one, I had always dreamt of seeing this city, the art museums, the Eiffel tower, etc… and, I FINALLY did it. I also overcame my fear of flying internationally. Being on that big jet was actually a lot less scary then some of those smaller jets! Training for my upcoming races.
(7) Meals – This seems to be going better, and Nathan is becoming a lot less picky (growth spurt?). It also helps that Brian has been BBQ’ing for us, some!
(8) Mornings. I hate mornings. Try to be better about getting up on time. – Hmph. No comment.
(9) Finish my accumulating to-do list (its another blog!). – My 100 to do list is down to 23 ITEMS! I wanted to paint my Master bathroom, but had to post pone that due to having the kids 3 weekends in a row. Hope to paint it this Fall!