Well, 2013 is almost gone. Can you believe it? I had wayyyyyyyy too many goals for myself in 2013. A little crazy to throw all of this on myself, what was I thinking?
Well, I think I accomplished about 50% of them. And, in 2014 I am going to try to stick to 1-3 goals for myself (and they won’t have subcategories like the ones below! LOL!).
I am the most proud of my running PR’s. Somehow I met these and I honestly did not think I would… and, on the half I PR’ed at more then 10 minutes less then I had hoped. Not sure why I improved on my running times so much this year, it may be that I ran over 700 miles this year… normally I run just a little over 500 miles. It may be that I’ve been running a quarter of each mile I run at a faster pace and I’ve continued to do hill training. I’m just not sure. I’m still trying to think about what I want to accomplish in 2014, do I want to set more running goals for myself? Do I want to try a triathlon? I’m not sure yet. I am not sure if running will be a major focus of mine in 2014…
I do want to try a little variety in my workouts, all I do is run… and, it is getting a little boring… I hate to say that, but it is. But, I don’t want to give up what I’ve built up so far with my runs… so, I am sort of stuck on what to do next. Sigh. Also, there are some other reasons why running may not be on the agenda for 2014…
I do want to make prayer and my relationship with God a priority in 2014. I really did not put my full self into this in 2013. Yes, I go to church a lot… yes, I pray with the kids… but, I need to pray on my own. I feel I need to get involved in a bible study… I want more one on one time with God. I also want to pray for others more, too.
Blog books. Ugh. Three words. ‘I give up!!!!!’
On the blog front… I made great progress in 2013. I do wish I had more time to do more ‘crafts and decor’ for the blog, but I plan to work on that next year. I would love to grow my Bloglovin readers to 200 by the end of 2014… I didn’t have a professional design, FB page or anything prior to close to the end of this year… so, I’ve accomplished that. I feel I have made some wonderful bloggy friendships through the 30×30 Challenge, Trendy Tot Tuesday and with just other bloggers that blog about similar things as I do. I have some great ideas for the blog this year that I cannot wait to share. I am also planning to open up an Etsy shop in the Fall of 2014. I know exactly what I want to sell and market and all I need now is time to figure everything out.
Career Growth… more on that later.
I did follow ONE TV Show this year… EARLY this year, Downton Abbey. Loved it! I would like to get into a couple more shows. Oh, I miss shows! I am sort of keeping up with my magazine overload… I read them in the bath or on work lunches.
I have a lot of decorating to do at home still, most of the rooms I have started and haven’t finished. UGH. I really need to tidy up the clutter in the basement… it is like ToysRUs vomited down there.
We went on several lovely trips last year… YMCA Trout Lodge, Disney, Chicago…
I did a Mondo Beyondo class last January, I would love to do this once a year. I am thinking about taking another class maybe in the middle of this year. It sort of helped me face up to what I really wanted in my life… fear was stopping me from expressing what I really wanted out of my life. More on that soon.
I didn’t learn anything new about my camera this year. Arghf. I would like to work on that in 2014. I did partipate in the FMS Photo a Day this month… but, it is just iPhone photos. I really want to get better at using my DSLR.
Fashion/Clothes/30×30 – I really feel like I’ve learned what clothes I love to wear this year and what sort of style I want to continue. The 30×30 Challenge really helped me with this and also I have had a little more money to throw away on clothes/jewelry… I sort of feel like I wore rags before this last year, I feel like my clothes now are truly ME. People at work have told me this last year that I am just glowing, that my clothes are so much more cheerier and not just dark colors or the same ole all the time. They’ve also told me I am just so much happier, I think they are right. 🙂
Anyway, if you care to read… the details are below… I’ll probably announce my 2014 goals soon… once I figure them out. But, trust me. It will be a MUCH shorter list in 2014!!! 2014 is making me a little nervous… just a lot of big changes… exciting changes… but, BIG. Can I GULP again? 🙂
1. Running Goals:
Go! Half Marathon this April and Rock N Roll Half Marathon in October.
Run a 10K and a few 5K’s (Color Run, Tulip Trot, Make Tracks at the Zoo, Oktoberfest, Go! Halloween (10K)).
2:20 or below Half Marathon PR. Killed this with a PR at Rock N Roll Half at 2:09:19!!!!
27 or below 5K PR. or just a 5K PR in general. PR’ed at Oktoberfest 5K at 27:00!!
2. Other Work Out Goals:
– Weights DVD 1-2x a week. I did really good with this at the beginning of the year, then stopped! And, I really need to tone up my upper body!
– Look into a kettle bell DVD Need to be more regular with working out to it, tho!
– Check out the Pilates gym (Keep saying I will, haven’t yet! Now I really want to try a Barre Gym)
3. Religious Goals:
– Pray more. Pray more with kids. I need to work on daily prayers still!
– Take a bible study class at our church. Haven’t had time to do this, I am reading Jesus Calling, a devotional book. I do plan to do an online bible study in 2014.
4. Make blog books:
– 2012 (Work on January-March)
– 2011 (Work on April-June)
– 2010 (Work on July-September)
– 2009 (Work on October-December)
5. Figure out how I would like to continue my blog Had Smitten Design create a new blog design, more DIY, Fashion, etc.
6. Career Growth – Fail
7. Get into a TV show (I miss TV!!), keep up with my magazines instead of tossing them after they’ve been unread for 5 months.
Watched Downton Abbey.
8. Goals for the Home:
– Revamp Family Room. Worked on a gallery wall. Organize DVDs next? Still not done.
Paint Master Bathroom (MLK weekend?) Now I need to finish the decor! I did finish a few decorating projects in the room, tho.
– Finish up Master Bedroom decor – Fail
– Clean/organize finished part of basement – Fail
– Clean/organize unfinished part of basement – Fail
– Plan Disney trip with kids for this July Went to Disney in July! – Take kids camping at YMCA Trout Lodge during their Spring Break or Mother’s Day weekend Went on Memorial Day Weekend!
– Chicago to meet Wine Girls in Fall? No trip was planned for Wine Girls, but went to Chicago with Brian. Would love to do a girls weekend sometime
13. Mondo in January
15. Change my primary DR to one that is at Mercy – Fail
17. Fashion/clothes. I would like to pretty myself up a little more this year. I wear the same jewelry every day and I have never been to Sephora. It would be nice to treat myself a little more. 🙂 I’ve definitely updated my closet with clothes I love and new accessories… I want to continue to do this… Still need to plan a trip to Sephora! 18. Do a 30×30 Challenge (30 items out of my closet for 30 days). I am intrigued by this… I think it would be fun because it would take me out of my comfort zone. Did a May, August and November 30×30 Challenge. WHEW.