So, here are my March Goals!
1. Time Management – Get up 30-60 Minutes Earlier in the Morning. I need to figure out a better morning routine. Since I know this is a rather daunting task, I’m going to break it in chunks and start by just GETTING UP earlier and seeing where that leads me.
Right now, I take a shower/get dressed, spend 10 minutes checking email/my phone while I drink a protein shake and then the rest of the time I spend getting the kids ready for school. I go to bed at 10:30 p.m., so I’m not staying up late… but, I really have a hard time getting out of bed early enough to give MYSELF some time to get ready. One of my goals is to get up at least 30 minutes to an hour earlier and to stop hitting the snooze button on my phone. If I could get up earlier, I think it could open a lot of possibilities for me to have a more laid back morning.
2. Health – Spend 2 Nights a Week NOT blogging after kids are in bed. I love my blog, I do… but, sometimes I think I love it too much. All I do lately is work on the blog in the evenings. Like EVERY evening (unless we have plans). I need to step away from the blog and remember what I used to do in the evenings before I blogged. Maybe I will crack open a book, or get into some TV shows again. And spend time with the hubs. 🙂 I need to devote nightly time to myself that isn’t work.
How did I do on my February Goals?
1. Religious – I decided to buy the Lent study on the She Reads Truth App and I have been blown away by it. This is exactly what I needed in addition to my daily prayer journal. You read some scripture and then there is a writer that adds their thoughts about the scripture and how it relates to them/they tell a general story. Then, you have the option to leave a comment on what you think about that days study or read the other comments. You can also check off each day and on Saturday and Sunday the study is really short (since weekends are busy!). This study is 47 days long, so it will run over this month… but, I might even do other studies after this one! I think I am hooked and I can’t believe I waited this long to check out this wonderful bible study app!
2. Health – Drink more SMOOTHIES. I did really good on this… I kind of stuck to the same smoothie though. It was a scoop of chocolate protein powder, a cup of water, a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of peanut butter, half a banana and ice. It was REALLY good! I found a website for 8 staple smoothies (click HERE) and I am going to try the mixed berry smoothie next!
3. Get It Done Already – Get my Passport. I got the photo taken (and, I really don’t have the non-toothy smile mastered) and mailed them my old passport, my marriage certificate and a check. Just waiting for it to arrive!
Are you doing monthly goals? What are they? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!