This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerHydration #CollectiveBias
It may not be the ‘official’ first day of summer just yet, but it has felt like summer for awhile here in St. Louis. The temps are soaring into the 90’s, the pool is open and it’s important to stay hydrated. I look forward to the summer, because it is a great time for me to get outside for my workouts in the early morning or evenings when the temperatures are more pleasant. I have found that I get a lot more out of my workouts when I move them outside and I feel more recharged and refreshed than I do when I workout inside. Exercising outside doesn’t always work with your schedule, but when you get the chance you shouldn’t pass it up. Today I am going to share some of the benefits to exercising outside this summer and how to stay hydrated with smartwater and vitaminwater at CVS.
How to Stay Hydrated this Summer
Sometimes before or after a workout I may realize I left my water bottle at home or that I want a something more out of my workout drink. I know that I can conveniently stop at my local CVS to browse their Beverage aisle. Drink Up. Cool Off.
In the Beverage aisle I will either pick up a few bottles of smartwater and/or vitaminwater.
And, if you spend $5 on smartwater or vitaminwater you get $2 in ExtraBucks in-store with your CVS ExtraCare Rewards Card!
Once you’ve picked up your smart water and/or vitaminwater, enjoy it as you cool off! I may look tired, sweaty and my hair is a mess in this photo… but, I got up at 6:00 a.m. this morning and went for a run outside and picked up this refreshing bottle of smartwater at CVS on my way home. The flip top lid is great for drinking on the go, too!
Here I am on another morning, getting ready to enjoy this delicious squeezed lemonade flavor by vitaminwater. And, look at the label and all of the vitamins and electrolytes I’m putting back into my body when I drink this… I definitely thirst for more.
The vitaminwater comes in several flavors, too! I can’t wait to try the acai-blueberry-pomegranite flavor!
Now, Let’s Talk About Benefits to Exercising Outside this Summer!
1. A natural source of vitamin-D! Just don’t forget your sunscreen!
2. The outdoors can BE your gym! You can run on a trail, swim laps in a pool, do yoga in your backyard or at a park with a group of people, biking, hiking… I even found out recently that paddle boating can count as exercise! You can be creative with it, but you aren’t confined to a space and the sky is wide open to all kinds of possibilities!
3. All of the wonderful scents of the outdoors! I love the smell of the fresh air, grass and even these gorgeous yellow wild flower blooms that are growing along the trail right now.
4. Lower stress and blood pressure, because your stress hormone cortisol decreases when in a natural non-urban or crowded setting.
5. If you exercise in the summer, you are limited to either the early morning or evening before the heat sets in. This will help you get a better start to your day or will help provide a better ending to your day before you go to bed. I try to work out in the early morning before my kids are up and its great to know that my work out is done and out of the way.
6. Stronger Immune System – we breath in airborne chemicals called phytoncides that are emitted from plants and trees to protect themselves from fungus and bacteria. Breathing in phytoncides helps boost our immune system which helps our bodies fight bacteria and viruses.
Do you know if you are drinking enough every day, especially fueling your body back up after a work out outside? Most Americans are chronically dehydrated and don’t know it. Some warning signs of dehydration can be headaches, dry hair, early wrinkles, etc. Be sure to stay hydrated this summer.
How do you plan to exercise outside this summer? Don’t forget to beat the heat and stay hydrated with CVS!
You can also find CVS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.