This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubDishCloth #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I like to make a nice and hearty meal for my family with gooey cheese and lots of noodles. I’ve been making this Gouda Mac and Cheese for awhile and it is always a huge hit! However, cleaning up the pan that I simmer the cheese sauce in and the casserole dish is never as much fun as eating it… UNTIL I started using Scotch-Brite® Scrubbing Dish Cloths! Now I can quickly clean up the mess and enjoy more time with my family over dinner.
Cleaning Up with Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth:
Scotch-Brite, the brand you trust for sponges, is bringing you a “supercharged” dish cloth! Head to your local Target to pick up a 2 pack of these Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloths. This product is new and a premium fiber cloth that you can wash and use again easily. This new product is available in 2 packs in gray, mint, coral, and navy for $4.99. While there, you can pick up any other ingredients you may need for the recipe.
Note: the product is located not where the other dish cloths are located (textile area), but in the kitchen tool area.
Save now on Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloths at Target with THIS Cartwheel offer.
(Coupon valid June 26th – July 2nd)
Before I share the recipe with you that I made, I wanted to show how easy clean up was after we were done eating this delicious dish. I had a mess leftover in the casserole dish. But, no worries as I had a Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth on hand to help me clean up this mess. I used it with a little hot water and soap and got the dried up gunk right off of it! Its scrubbing power makes cleaning easy!
This is what the casserole dish looked like after I was done, it is so clean!
Gouda Mac and Cheese
Now I will share with you how to make this delicious Gouda Mac and Cheese.
The ingredients for this mac and cheese are pretty simple and you should have most of them around the house already.
Start boiling the noodles. Then you’ll need to melt your butter and add the seasonings to it.
Stir in the flour until it forms a thick paste. Pour in the milk and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer.
Now, the fun part… you get to layer all of the cheeses! First, spray your square casserole dish. Add the noodles, sauce, American cheese, shredded cheese and gouda cheese. Repeat one more time. Now, it is ready for the oven! See the full directions below.
Gouda Mac and Cheese
Nonstick cooking spray
3 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon salt/pepper
8 oz elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
3 cups milk
2 oz gouda cheese, shredded
8 slices of American cheese
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
2. Boil macaroni noodles
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in salt, pepper and mustard powder. Then, stir in flour to form a paste. Stir in milk and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Spray your casserole dish and place half of the noodles on bottom. Pour half of sauce on top. Layer with 4 slices of American cheese, half of the cheddar cheese and gouda cheese. Repeat. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
5 Tips to Have the Cleanest Sink You’ve EVER Had!
1. Keep a jar of liquid dish soap on your sink.
2. Pour the liquid soap all over your sink.
3. Use your Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth to scrub all of the dirt and grime off your sink.
4. Use the other side of the Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth to dry off your sink until it shines!
5. Decorate your sink with some fresh flowers and keep a Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth nearby for the next time you need to do a deep clean. I also keep the liquid dish soap in a little glass jar, it looks nice in the kitchen and I don’t have to dig under the sink to find it.
Here you will see that I used the liquid dish soap to clean my sink. I love having a little jar of the soap out within my reach. I can do this quick clean up with the liquid soap and Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth and have the cleanest sink I’ve ever had! It just scrubs and doesn’t scratch, which is an added bonus!
More information on the Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth:
- You can wash and reuse it
- The textured fiber dish cloth features two sides. One side has scrubbing dots for cleaning tough messes and the other side is a high quality fiber dish cloth
- It won’t scratch, just scrubs!
- Now you can have a dish cloth that dries AND scrubs, for those stuck on messes that you’d use your fingernail or a knife on before.