After receiving our vaccines as a family, we are excited for a ‘sorta’ normal summer.
I always do a Summer Bucket List for the kids, one for just me and one for my husband and I. It is just more fun that way and it encourages us to do a lot of family activities and it also encourages Brian and I to have lots of date nights, etc. It also encourages me to get a couple things done during the summer. I don’t always cross everything off the list, but that’s ok!
Summer Bucket List for Me
1. I’d like to start up my caricature book again. I was doing really well with working on it every week until last February.
2. I used to be REALLY good about doing Bible studies either at home or with an outside group, but since Covid I haven’t been able to focus on anything. I want to resume my Ruth and Esther Bible Study and finish it this summer. It is a short one, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
3. We’ve been doing Hello Fresh since Covid started and we really like it. But, since we’re doing more vegetarian meals these days, I want to look into a couple of others, such as Purple Carrot, Green Chef or Daily Harvest to change it up a bit.
- I’d love to look online for a new couch set and order it for our family room (our current ones are almost 20 years old!).
- I’d like to research getting our master bedroom and Nathan’s room painted by a painter.
- Wrap up decorating the master bedroom (mainly want to get a few decorative pillows and a throw for the bed and maybe change out the lighting in the room). AND, of course… I need to blog about it still!
- Clean out all of the cabinet drawers in the kitchen, clean out and scrub the fridge and freezer AND bonus: clean out the linen closet and the hall and master bathroom vanity. I figure this may be an easy task to do during the summer, since I can tackle one drawer/section a day!
5. I’d like to start thinking ahead to the fall… I have some blogging goals I want to set for myself, but I need time to evaluate just what these are and how I want to go about it. I really just need some quiet time to think, jot down some things and figure out just what my plans are going forward. Blogging has changed SO much and I feel since Covid has started I’m a little behind on some things that I want to work towards.
Summer Bucket List for the Kids
1. We might plan a day trip somewhere, but I’m not sure where… Maybe Jefferson City (capital city for Missouri) or Cahokia Mounds.
2. Memorial Day Weekend we were able to do a staycation for 3 nights with City Museum and Drury Hotels in downtown St. Louis. It was SO fun and we got to try a lot of new restaurants and explore the downtown area up close for a weekend. You can watch my Instagram Stories for the trip HERE.
4. Every other week, try a new (or a fave) breakfast place. So far we’ve been to The Shack (old to us, but a fave) and SqWires. We’d love to try Colleen’s, Maypop Coffee & Garden Shop,
1. Since Brian and I can’t go on a summer vacation together this year, I want to find a little weekend away for us somewhere close or in town. I have a few ideas, but I need to look into it more.
2. Visit Narwhal’s Crafted for the first time. They do really fun frozen cocktails, but don’t serve food. You can get their sister store to deliver Loaded Nachos to your table, so that you have some food with your drinks.