Today is my 34th birthday, and it was sort of a bittersweet day. A lot has happened in 2011, and I really cannot wait to put this year to a close and start 2012. This morning my lawyer fought for me in court over a motion that my (soon to be ex) husband put out a few weeks ago that has caused me a lot of worry and money. Today she settled it with the new Judge and it was a huge sigh of relief for me. However, it is still not over…
Jer had the kids give me these cute little Nathan and Autumn magnets for my birthday. It was nice to get something from the kids for my birthday, and they are already hanging on my refrigerator.
Today was a fun day, we did the concert at Tower Grove, then the playgounds and water play area. Then, we came home and I had my alarm on the house updated to radio waves, which allowed me to get rid of my land line and now my cell phone will be notified if the alarm goes off. Yay to saving money! I have a device that will let my regular phones in the house ring now when my cell phone rings, so it will be similar to having a landline but it will really be my cell phone. Also, there is a ‘P’ button that Nathan can hit on the wall for ‘Panic’ if something were to happen to me and he needed 911 to be called. After that, we headed to Penzeys Spice store which my coworkers have been raving about and I got these spices:
– Pacific Sea Salt (Extra Course)
– Penzeys Hot Chocolate Mix (hey, it will be cooling down SOMETIME soon!)
– Sandwich Sprinkle (I love taking sandwiches to work, and I am always looking for a way to make them extra yummy!)
– California Sweet Basil
– Garden Salad Seasoning (Good on mashed or baked potatoes and salads)
– Original Taco Seasoning (Homemade taco seasoning, much healthier! We eat tacos once a week around here so YUM!)
– China Cinnamon (They had about 10 different kinds of cinnamon and I LOVED the smell of this one, very sweet but not too sweet)
– Trinidad (Lemon Garlic Marinade for porkchops or seafood! YUMMY!)
This store was very kid friendly, we enjoyed ‘sniffing’ everything on the shelves. They even have a little area for kids to color if you need to distract them. The spices are very inexpensive, I spent $25 WITH tax for all of these! Their vanilla extract was a little pricey though, so I had to pass on that.
After Penzeys I took the kids to Happy Joe’s for pizza and games. That was fun and then we wrapped up the night with an evening walk around the neighborhood.