Hey everyone! Last April I started the FASTer Way to Fat Loss program and in June I shared a post about my results (see the post HERE). I’ve been with this program for a year now and in January I signed up for their elevated VIP Group. I wanted to share my results with the VIP Group and how I feel about this program after doing it for a complete year!
I decided to join the FASTer Way to Fat Loss program to help me lose weight in some problem areas (Hello, Muffin Top!), to do more core/strength exercises and to eat cleaner. Before starting this program, I thought I was pretty healthy… heck, I had ran in the Chicago marathon and ran 17+ miles a week. I would sometimes count calories in-between my races, because I wasn’t ‘burning’ as many calories off and needed to watch what I ate more. However, I wasn’t really watching what I ate… I just ate what kept me under X amount of calories a day.
With the FASTer Way, you can’t really ‘cheat’ the system. You’re exercising 5 times a week, with a good mixture of cardio, strength and core workouts AND you’re mixing in 2 low carb days (50 net carbs max) with 5 macro days (where you eat a percentage of fats, carbs and proteins). And, you do get to reward yourself with a treat! Usually, with this program we’ll do a treat on Leg Day.
This program also introduces you to intermittent fasting, which means you’ll typically start your fast at 7-8:00 p.m. in the evening and then not eat anything until you break your fast at noon the next day. You can have water or coffee, but you need to stick to below 5 calories, so you don’t break your fast.
I went into all of this in more detail in my last post (see post HERE), so if you want to read more about it, be sure to stop by my old post.
One thing I tried in the VIP Group, that I didn’t try in the regular beginning group is the Juice Cleanse. Once a month, Amanda Tress (the founder of FASTer Way) will have you do a 24 hour fast. You will drink water, coffee (black) or bone broth throughout the day for 24 hours. Or, she gives you the option of doing a Juice Cleanse with The Weekly Juicery. I really enjoyed doing the 24 Hour Juice Cleanse and I honestly didn’t feel hungry at all! The juices were really fresh and they won’t spike your blood sugars, because she uses organic vegetables that flood your body with healthy nutrients.
How is the VIP Group Different?
The VIP Group isn’t A LOT different from the regular group, but there are some valuable resources in it, that I think are worth it:
- Different Workouts Each Week – The FASTer Way has a whole new Portal that lets you login and get your weekly workouts. You can choose from Low Impact, At Home (what I do!) and Gym workouts. The VIP Workouts are definitely a step up from what you did in the beginner rounds. They’re longer, harder and you’ll get some GREAT results from them. However, with everything… you can tailor them to fit your lifestyle. I noticed over the holidays (especially Thanksgiving leading into Christmas), that they toned down the workouts a bit, because they know it is a busy time of the year and we need to really follow suit with giving our bodies more REST when we need it.
- LIVE Workouts on Monday Morning (for the toughest workout of the week IMHO, because it’s Tabata or HIIT, etc.) – Amanda Tress has started doing Live workouts on Facebook on Monday mornings, so you can get through these tough workouts with her. She announced recently, that she wants to start doing other kinds of workouts, such as Yoga, which would add a little more variety and fun to the workouts.
- Personal FB Group with a Coach – For the VIP group, Amanda has ONE big Facebook group for all of the members, but you have the choice of having a smaller, more personal FB group with a coach that you can get to know better. I’m active on both of these groups.
- Personal Speakers Every Other Week – With the VIP Group, Amanda has live speakers on FB every other week with various topics, such as how to stay on track on vacation, how your hormones work, etc.
- On the Overall VIP FB Group, there is a weekly Mentor Thread, which I love to skim every week. On this thread, you can ask various questions and Amanda has a hormone health expert, a macro and a fitness expert.
- Monthly 24 Hour Fast
- Daily Encouragement
- Affiliate Program (this is offered in the Beginners Group as well)
What Results Have I Seen Personally?
I’ll admit, the FASTer Way to Fat Loss VIP group has been wonderful for me! Amanda says to never look at the scale, but I’ve lost 15 lbs doing this lifestyle and I feel more muscular, healthy and leaner than I ever did in my 20’s before I had kids (and I am 41 now!). I’m not looking to lose anymore weight, but I’d like to maintain my base weight and build more muscle, strength and flexibility. The clean eating portion of the program, ESPECIALLY the Low Carb days on Monday and Tuesday are so, so hard for me. But, most weeks I do really good… and, some weeks I may goof up and then I try to get back on track right away, or I will the next morning. Weekends can be really challenging, because that is when we eat out more often.
The way I see it is this… I used to have a really hard time getting up to workout 5 times a week, but then it became a habit. I’ve worked out 5 times a week since my daughter has been born. But, clean eating is something I just introduced to myself a year ago. I’m trying to make it a habit, but there is always going to be temptations and I do need to understand that I need to give myself a little grace at times. Amanda tells us that healthy food CAN and DOES taste good, but we need to find what works best for us. The program is also a dairy free program, but I have yet to remove dairy from my diet. This is something I’d like to try out eventually, a day at a time.
Amanda Tress and her husband (there is even a MEN’S program!).
If you’re looking for a program that will encourage you to be your best self and one where you want to get REAL results, then this program is for you! The next Beginners Round of FASTer Way to Fat Loss begins May 6th!! You can sign up HERE under my Affiliate Link (Yes, I do get a small percentage if you sign up under me and I am incredibly grateful for your support if you do!).